Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to change any default application



Sometimes we accidentally click to “Use by default for this action”, but some people don’t know the true meaning of it. It actually means that ‘do you want it as your default application to run for some actions’. It means, when you install two apps with same features it says which you want to run by default or automatically.

For example: You have installed a Launcher and any another launcher to your device, so your device asks you which you want to run by default. I have selected the TREBUCHET Launcher to show you.


In ICS (Ice-Cream Sandwich) it often shows, but in JB (Jelly Bean) it gives you two option i.e. JUST ONCE (to run this application for single time) or ALWAYS (to run this application permanently).

To change the default applications just go to settings and apps. OPEN the app which you set as default. Scroll down and you will see “LAUNCH BY DEFAULT”. Click on the “Clear Default” button and now your app will not be run as default.

As I have selected Trebuchet launcher as my default and NOW I want to clear as my default launcher. So I just do the same thing as I mention it above. I just go to settings, open the app and click on the clear the default button.









No comments:

Post a Comment